How To Maintain Your Hair
1. Wash your hair two to three times a week, max
“It creates a vicious cycle of over-production of oils and a need to shampoo very often. Ideally, to keep your hair healthy, you only need to wash two to three times a week, max.”
· Don’t over wash coloured hair.
· Take into account your hair type and lifestyle choices.
· Invest in some good dry shampoo.
2. Avoid hot showers and shampoo your scalp, not your ends
· Aim for the scalp not the ends.
· Massage your scalp to encourage circulation.
· Avoid hot water.
3. Towel-dry your hair before applying conditioner
· Gently towel-dry the hair before applying conditioner.
· Avoid the roots and concentrate on the ends
4. Brush your hair twice a day, from the bottom up
· Comb wet hair, don’t brush it.
· Brush from the bottom up.
· Use different brushes for blow-dying and styling.
· Keep your brushes clean.
5. Use a low-heat setting for hair drying and point the nozzle down, not side-on
· Cut back on heat-styling tools.
· Use protective treatments.
· Wait before blow-drying your hair and use lower heat settings.
· Keep the dryer at a distance your hair.
· Move your hair around.
6. Try castor oil, hair oil and dry shampoo. “With a tiny drop of castor oil plus dry shampoo, hair has a two-days-after-shampooing feel. It’s also a great, nourishing scalp conditioner, especially for African-American hair, which can be thin and brittle.
Ways To Maintain Healthy Hair
Having strong, shiny, vibrant hair can boost your confidence and make you feel ready to take on the world. Follow these easy steps and you’ll soon have the happy, healthy hair you always wanted!
Washing and Drying
· Know when to wash.
· Use conditioner.
· Use a comb.
· Buy shampoo and conditioners suited to your hair type.
· Don’t towel dry hair.
· Use hair dryer sparingly.
· Eat salmon.
· Eat walnuts
· Eat oysters
· Eat sweet potatoes.
· Eat eggs.
· Eat spinach.
· Eat lentils
· Eat Greek yogurt
· Eat blueberries.
· Eat poultry Turkey, lean beef, oily fish, pork chops and veal are other great sources of protein.
· Take a supplement Remember to check with your health care professional before adding any supplements to your diet.
· Get a trim every 6-8 weeks.
· Wear a hat.
· Be careful tying your hair up.
· Avoid stress.
· Protect hair at night.
· Avoid smoking, caffeine and fizzy drinks.