To thank God is to show gratitude for what he has done and provided for you. When you praise God you praise him for who he is and what he has accomplished in your life.
How to express praise
1. Through testimony- Psalm 71:15&17; by refusing to let people know what God has done for you, you block the future wonders for your life :Psalm 107:20, Psalm 105:1.Testimony helps others to buy into your faith.
2. Through thanksgiving Psalm 95:2 – Show thanks by not taking any of his acts for granted.One of the major seeds of life is gratitude. It should not be difficult to say thank you.Those who never sowed the seed of gratitude never learnt to reap the harvest of greatness. Appreciation lubricates supplication.
3. Through sacrifice and offerings 1st Chronicles 15:26 – Real praisers are people of sacrifice. Abraham had a willing heart to sacrifice his son as an art of worship.A grateful heart goes with a generous hand.
4. Through service – by serving in the house of God in ways of being an usher,chorister,instrumentalist,welfare team. Serving God from your heart can bring you results.
5. Through the dance 2nd Samuel 6:19-21 – David danced without caring who stood by him or who was watching him.Dancing wholeheartedly tells God how grateful you are for the life he has giving you and the health and strength you possess.
6. Through a shout Ezra 3:11, Jeremiah 30:19 – Shouting helps you express your joy to God telling him how you are grateful for what you have.