Ginger oil is made from ginger root extracts. Ginger oil is used as a universal medicine due to its anti-bacterial, anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Benefits of Ginger Oil
- Relieves body pains (mostly pains gained after exercise)
- Ensures proper blood circulation
- Removes mucus to soothe colds, flu, etc.
- Corrects symptoms of indigestion and morning sickness
- Can be used as a repellent against mosquitoes
- Lowers blood pressure
- Corrects chronic illnesses.
DIY Ginger Oil at home
- Fresh ginger
- 1 and Half cups olive oil
- An oven-safe bowl
- Grater or Blender
- Wash one cup of fresh ginger and dry for some hours.
- Cut ginger into smaller pieces and grind.
- Add to the olive oil and mix in the oven-safe bowl.
- Place in the oven for 2 hours under low heat.
- Pour ready mixture into a clean squeezable sac and squeeze oil out.
- Pour ginger oil into clean, dry and empty bottles.
- Can be stored in the bottles for up to 6 months.
Side Effects of Ginger Oil
It is advisable to stay away from ginger oil, if you are allergic to ginger.
Always seek medical advice before using ginger oil together with some medications.