Everyone wants to have a great smile which is why good oral hygiene is important! Having poor oral hygiene can lead to a variety of dental and medical problems in the future such as gum disease, infection, bone loss, heart disease, strokes and more. Regular check ups and cleanings can prevent these problems as well as provide you with good oral hygiene.
- Proper brushing at least twice a day to prevent acid buildup from the breakdown of food by bacteria.
- Flossing allows you to reach deep between your teeth where the toothbrush bristles cannot reach or even mouthwash cannot wash away.
- Avoiding Tobacco will save you from oral cancer and periodontal complications and will save you from the countless ill effects caused by the agents used to mask the smell of tobacco.
- Beverages containing additives such as corn syrup and food dye can make pearly white teeth appear dull and discolored. Limit sodas, coffee and alcohol.
- Consume calcium and other vitamins that are good for the body.
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year to have a full hygiene treatment performed.
- Mouthwash cannot do all the work but if your are already brushing, flossing, visiting the dentist and eating well, mouthwash is the cherry on top that will make your dental health great.
- By using a professional tongue cleaner you remove countless bacteria that otherwise live, particularly on the rougher top surface of your tongue.
- Tooth problems can lead to diabetes, heart disease, systemic infections, an inability to eat or speak properly and other maladies – some life-threatening. Crooked or crowded teeth can contribute to gum disease that can eventually lead to tooth loss.
- If you are having tooth and jaw pain make an appointment as soon as possible. Your dentist needs to diagnose the underlying cause and correct it before it turns into a greater problem.
Source : arrowsmiledental.com