Greeting is an act of communication in which human beings intentionally make their presence known to each other, to show attention to, and to suggest a type of relationship (usually cordial) or social status (formal or informal) between individuals or groups of people coming in contact with each other.
Importance Of Greetings
· Greetings are vital to make that first good impression, establish good relationships with your loved ones and set a positive tone for any conversation whether it is with your friend, boss or client.
· If you want to be an effective personality, you should not ignore the importance of greetings. Delivering right impression and proper greetings to the people you come across, you can make good impact on others and climb the ladder of success sooner.
· Greetings not only help you in maintaining a good social image but also helps you in your professional life. Friendly and inviting greetings often turn out in pleasant conversation.
· Businessmen and hosts uses such greetings by offering a firm handshake, looking into eyes and saying hello with a bright smile, to get their job done as the basic rules of greetings.
· When you send greetings for a business purpose, begin with Hello followed by title or your name show respect and reflect professionalism.
· If you greet your family when you come home with hugs, kisses and kind words instead of walking through the door with your phone attached to your ear… You will communicate love, warmth and the fact that “they matter.”
· If you greet people with a smile, hello, and how is your day? You may be the only smile they see and the only person to ask how their day is. It’s a simple way to make a difference.
· Greet those you love with “I Love You’s!” Unfortunately we always save the “I Love You’s” as parting words or words of remembrance.
· If you operate a place of business, understand that your welcome, greeting and reception go a very long way. Those greetings create great first impressions and opportunities for memorable experiences.
· Phone etiquette and Phone greetings matter. Greet someone well over the phone.
· The welcomes at Church should communicate affection, peace, compassion, mercy and love for everyone.
The significance of greetings cannot be ignored. They matters a lot. Make sure you use them in a right manner when you greet your family members, friends, or strangers to experience their mystic results.
Your greeting matters, not just the greeting that you say, rather the welcome that you do. Your greetings matter because people matter.
Greetings are still as important as they were in the past centuries.