In general, there are two main categories of coconut oil: oil that is mass produced and is, therefore, in need of extra refinement, and oil that starts with fresh coconut and is substantially less refined.
Therefore, virgin coconut oil actually refers to oil that is the least refined.
Hydrogenated coconut oil is a type of refined oil that has been unanimously proclaimed as the oil you want to avoid due to containing fatty acids that are hydrogenated.
Additionally, coconut oil is notable for its abundance of vitamin E, which makes this oil especially beneficial for your hair and skin.
Coconut Oil Health Benefits
- Coconut Oil Can Help Brain Disorders
- Increases Weight Loss
- Builds Muscle
- Can Help Fight Infections
- Helps Lose Abdominal Fat
- Curbs Appetite
- Lowers Risk of Heart Disease
- Increases Metabolism
- Protects Hair Against Damage
- Moisturizes Skin
- Acts as Sunscreen
- Prevents Gum Disease and Tooth Decay
- Helps Candida/Yeast Infections
- Protects Your Kidney and Liver
- Treats Kidney and Bladder Stones
- Reduces Inflammation and Arthritis
- Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- Reduce Seizures
- Improves Digestion
- Reduce Symptoms of Gall Bladder Disease and Pancreatitis
- Prevents Osteoporosis
- Hormone Balance
- Stress Relief
- Anti-Aging Benefits
- Supports Thyroid Functioning
- Eliminates Free Radicals Damage
- Helps Improve Type 1 Diabetes
Although coconut oil was not particularly common in many Western countries for many years, its profound health benefits are slowly beginning to take the world by storm.