The nature of our sleep results in our daily activity.Try adjusting the environment around your bed as well as your evening activities, and you should notice a significant improvement. If your sleep is disrupted by heavy snoring, chronic insomnia, or severe anxiety, these methods can still help to a degree, but consulting a doctor may be necessary.
Creating a Comfortable Sleep Environment
- Keep the room cool but comfortable
- Reduce sound and light.
- Consider white noise.
- Pick a sleeping position.
- Test different pillow arrangements.
- Use heavy blankets in cool to normal temperature.
- Get comfortable in hot weather.
Preventing Restless Sleep
- Be careful about hot showers and exercise before bed.
- Avoid most electronics.
- Avoid stimulating vitamins, supplements, and foods.
- Avoid alcohol and cigarettes before bed.
- Take sleep aids if necessary.
Relaxing at Bedtime
- Use your bed only for bedtime.
- Have a bedtime ritual such as reading a book or listening to music.
- Exercise earlier in the day.
- Finish the day with a light meal.