There has been series of dead cases recorded that have associated with Pneumonia. This has gotten many worried and concerned about this alarming health condition in Africa. The following information below would help you know what to expect n order to save yourself and your loved ones.
Pneumonia is a health condition that affects your lungs. It comes as a result of inflammation of a single or both lungs by organisms like; bacteria, viruses and fungi. It is categorized by the types of germs that causes it and where the infection was gotten from.
Pneumonia can be mild or severe depending on the age and health condition of the individual. A mild pneumonia can be treated at home and cures within 2 to 3 weeks of treatment. But Pneumonia can be extremely serious when it affects babies, older individuals and persons with severe health or immune conditions.
There are many ways of contacting pneumonia. You can be affected from schools, hospitals, home and other places.
Common Causes of Pneumonia
Pneumonia is mostly caused by a virus or bacteria. Which makes you more likely to be affected if you have a chronic cold, asthma, heart problem, and other related health conditions.
Signs and Symptoms of Pneumonia
The following below are common signs of pneumonia. However, they may be very dominant based on age and health:
- Pain or difficulties when breathing
- Increased rate of heart beat
- Painful sensation when coughing
- Easily tired or dizzy
- Feverish with chills
- Sweating profusely
- Nausea and vomiting
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Loss of appetite
- Abnormal changes in mental consciousness in adults mostly older.
Prevention of Pneumonia
The following are helpful tips to reduce your chances of contacting Pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated at a health facility
- Practice good sanitation.
- Avoid contact or using athings that have been used by someone affected by Pneumonia.
- Stop using drugs or alcohol in excess.
- Practice things that help promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Go for a regular check-up at the hospital to ensure you are safe and free from any form of illness that can affect your immune system.