There are many health cases very difficult to diagnose. Due to the difficulties in examining its signs and symptoms. However, one visible skin distractive condition is “Vitiligo”.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder that creates uneven white spots or patches around the body (skin). This patches appear due to Melanocytes (cells that give the skin its color) being destroyed). This condition does not only damage your outer skin layer, but can also harm tissues in the eye, nose and mouth.
Some researchers’ feel that possible causes of Vitiligo include; sunburn, emotional distress. Whiles others think otherwise, though none have been proven to be true.
Vitiligo can affect you at any age. It may also run in a family line like; Diabetes does. Even though scientist do not know the connection of this condition with some immune diseases, signs of Vitiligo has been rampant in individuals suffering from various autoimmune diseases.
Vitiligo may spread continuously or gradually after some years.
- Hair turning grey.
- Loss of color inside mouth (in dark skins).
- Patches on portions often exposed to the sun like; the hand, face, nose, eyes, mouth and feet.
- White patches on some areas of the skin like; the stomach, anal areas, etc.
A health specialist for cases of this sort will mostly follow a record pattern. The pattern is a combination of tests, physical examinations, past health records and important questions which include:
- Knowing whether you had a skin rash or other sunburns before white patches started to appear?
- If your skin is sensitive to the sun?
- Knowing if you are experiencing any form of stress and illness?
- Knowing if any relative suffers from any autoimmune diseases?
All these examinations are done to detect if there are other health issues associated to the condition.