Within a few seconds of seeing someone — whether on a date or at the grocery store — we decide on numerous things about them, from how smart they are to how likely they are to commit a crime.
Surprisingly, our first impressions can be remarkably accurate in some instances. In others, they can be wildly off base.
Here are a few of the things we determine about people based on how they look.
· If you’re attractive, people assume you have other positive traits as well.
· People can also get a surprisingly accurate read of your personality from a photo.
· People use facial clues about your height to judge your leadership abilities.
· Your facial structure can give people clues about how aggressive you are.
· People also use your facial structure to make judgments about how strong you are.
· If you look “untrustworthy,” you’re more likely to be seen as a criminal.
· How people perceive your face could be a life-and-death matter.
· Cognitive biases aside, how you look can sometimes indicate things about your health. Wrinkles, for example, can suggest heart problems.
· Other underlying health issues may be seen first in the eyes.
· Your face might not tell the whole story. For men, finger length has been tied with cancer risk.
· And your height could reveal your risk of certain diseases.
Source ; www.iflscience.com