Reputation is the beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something. A widespread belief that someone or something has a particular habit or characteristic. Synonyms: name, good name, character, repute, standing, stature, status, position, renown, esteem, prestige.
It may be the most important thing you have. Your reputation. What do people know you for? What qualities define you or your personality? I’m not saying you need to be overly concerned about what others think of you. People’s opinions of you change daily. What’s more important is how pleased God is with your character. Are you living like you say you are? Are you concerned about the things that matter to God? If so, great! If not, ask yourself why.
Choose a good reputation over great riches; being held in high esteem is better than silver or gold.
Here are ways you can build and keep a good name for yourself
1. Respect yourself and others.
2. Think of yourself less than you think of others.
3. Watch your tongue.
4. Don’t trust your feelings
5. Get a mentor.
6. Be honest and truthful,“Honesty is the best policy.”
7. Meet your promises.
8. Communicate progress and constraints.
9. Be careful with financial integrity.
10. Always clarify expectations.
Source : Google.