When you’re underweight, you may not be getting all or enough of these nutrients, including vitamins A, C, D and E, as well as the minerals iron, selenium and zinc.
A Compromise immune system: Being too thin means your immune system cannot operate strongly, you are more vulnerable to getting sick or acquiring infections below;
- Being too thin slows recovery from illness or surgery. Being too thin slows recovery process.
- People with BMI of 18.5 or below are nearly twice the risk of dying early than someone with normal BMI.
- Hair loss and overall weakness due to diminished muscle mass.
- Irregular menstruation due to hormonal deregulation.
- Abnormal hormonal flow, you are at risk of osteoporosis.
- Under weight status can complicate pregnancy or make it difficult to get pregnant due to the body lacking nutrient to support another life.
- Anaemia may occur due to nutritional deficiency.
You’re considered underweight if your body mass index, a relationship between your height and weight, measures less than 18.5.
Your health should be your priority.
Do you also have any story/news to share with GospelCrusader? Get Published! Contact us on Our Facebook Page or email via email@example.com