From Bible references in Luke 4:18&19, Acts 10:38 and Zechariah 4:6 we get to see the word anointing or the act of anointing.so then the question comes,What is the anointing?
Anointing can be explained as the manifestation of the power and presence of God through the life and personality of a man or the flow of the power of God or servant of God for the work of the ministry.
We can understand that, the anointing of God comes upon a man for a particular task which means the anointing of God comes to help man fulfill a purpose.
The Holy spirit is the only source of the anointing. We as believers sometimes limit the holy spirit to tongues speaking but the Holy spirit is God himself.
The names of God are ascribed to him, the attributes of God are also ascribed to him he’s omnipotent which means all powerful. God is internal and the Holy spirit is internal too.
Scriptures that describe God includes Revelations 1:4 where we get to see the Holy spirit is a person- how you know a person determines how you relate with them and how you relate with them also determines what you get from the person.
This same principle applies to knowing the Holy spirit as a person which would help you develop the kind of relationship intended.
1st Corinthians 12:2 makes us understand that he has a will and can want things too just as we humans do. He has mind and can know things 1st Corinthians 2:10&11. He speaks and can testify John 15:26.
Attributes of the anointing;
1. It is an all important ingredient for success in life and for your call or ministry.
2. It is for any body who desire to succeed.
3. The anointing produces the desired or outstanding results Luke 4:32.
4. The anointing makes you get the work done without struggle Matthew 17:14.
5. The anointing is tangible and it’s proof is seen in tangible impacts.
6. Because of the anointing,Signs and wonders take place when Jesus preaches and it enables him perform miracles.
7. The anointing teaches – 1st John 2:27.
8. The anointing brings attraction Luke 5:15 and John 6:15.