KITCHEN SPONGE or FOAM
This is the kitchen item that has a lot of germs found in it. This is because it’s mostly stored in wet, dark place. Which are breeding grounds for bacteria growth.
It is believed that germs spread naturally when you use one sponge to clean several dishes together with counter-tops and sinks.
- Soak sponge or foam in a mixture of bleach,vinegar or water.
- Spray or clean counter-tops with vinegar solution (Leave for 1 minute before you wipe).
- Try to keep electronic devices like;remotes, phones and other items like; letters, keys off counters. This is to reduce the level of germs spread-out in the kitchen and house as a whole.
- Soak boards in vinegar and water solution for 30 minutes. Rinse afterwards in hotwater or soapy water.
- Try using separate boards for fruits, vegetables, fish and meats.
More details in the next post….