Matthew 5:6 -Blessed are they which hunger and thirst after righteousness for they shall be filled.
The Love of God is for all but beneficial to those who receive it so is the spirit of God but manifestation is for a particular group of people. Now lets define the key words;
To hunger means to crave ardently, to seek eager desire for something.
To thirst means to desire earnestly for something.
To be filled means to accomplish to complete to fulfill to make full, to fill up adequately or completely to satisfy.
Righteousness means to have a right standing with God or what ever conforms to the revealed will of God.
The sum total of the requirements of God is simply, Matthew 6:33 and Matthew 5:6 draws a same line in both performing an action and receiving a reward.
The ultimate of what God requires of us is to go into the world and preach the gospel, win souls that is the great commission.
Righteousness as religious duties can be explained as the duties when observed means one is fulfilling righteousness. some duties are;
- Arms giving- This is man’s duty to man or his neighbor Matthew 6:2-4
2. Prayer – This is our duty to God Matthew 6:5-15
3. Fasting- The duty of self control: if u struggling with your spiritual life check your fasting life.
Benefit of being filled as a result of seeking righteousness
- The highest point of accomplishment in life the greatest fulfillment and certain level of attainment is made easier through your advent seeking of righteousness; change your priority list from seeking after things of this world.
- For a number of people seeking righteousness is the only way to get to where some get through their natural ability; some get things cos of where they come from or which family they belong to but others get by seeking righteousness.
- Others who being filled for the sake of righteousness enhances them for acceleration ; you might be doing something already but it is limited in a way if you up your game by seeking after God your situation can change.